Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sights and Sounds of Winter

Winter is my least favorite season of the year, but I'm trying to look at winter differently. Instead of the negative, I'm looking for the positive. My camera and this blog have helped tremendously. I'm always looking for something to post that might be interesting to someone or just a personal memory for me.

Today it is cold here in Texas. Instead of fretting (otherwise known as b****ing) about it, I listened to . . .

the crunch of footsteps on frozen grass . . .




frozen leaves shivering in the cold wind . . .




steam going through the boiler at work . . .




I'm trying to look at things through the eyes of a child, filled with wonder and delight at all of God's creations.

I'm often reminded of the time when I was keeping Mia when she was younger and it was a gray, dreary day. I said it was going to be a yucky day. Mia looked up at me with those innocent big brown eyes and said, "No, Gran Nan it's a pretty day. Every day is a good day!"

Help me Lord to be more grateful for all Your creations, whether they be gray & cold or bright & sunny, but especially for grandkids who make everything seem better.

No comments: