Thursday, October 22, 2009
Time to catch up! My uncle Jack, one of the hosts of the reunion, was admitted to the hospital Thursday and we all insisted they cancel the reunion. I know if it had been my parents, the last thing I would want to do is worry about the reunion. He was supposed to go home yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.
Behm & I went to Lubbock anyway for our once every two year get-away. We had a great time and I will post pictures and more later.
We were sitting on the front porch Thursday morning and a big ball of fire came flying out of the security light outside. It didn't do any damage or so we thought at the time. All the lights, clocks and tv were working. The electric company came out and looked at it. A wire had shorted out. After we came in from Wichita that night, I tried to turn on the computer but it had been zapped! It was plugged into a surge protector but I guess that wasn't enough protection. The printer and monitor were okay.
Tuesday night around 9:00, we were on the porch again and I heard leaves rustling and thought it was probably the calves and then remembered they weren't here anymore. I heard it again & then a snake came slithering out. Behm went to get the gun while I watched it. I was pretty sure it was a rattlesnake by its tail and when Behm shot him I was sure. Those rattlers are such a scary sound!
I think we need to quit sitting on the porch!