Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crazy Thoughts

The temperature yesterday was 107. While I was filling the pick-up with gas yesterday afternoon, I kept the door open to try to keep from melting. I noticed some flies (or so I thought) flying around. One of those silly things flew up my pants leg and when I tried to make it get out, it stung me. It wasn't a fly, but a little bee. I couldn't decide if I needed to stay in town awhile or try to drive home and get caught in the middle of nowhere with no phone service to call 911 if I had an allergic reaction. I'm crazy like that. All the way home, I thought if I get stopped for speeding I'll just tell them I was trying to get to the hospital before I died. As you can tell, I survived and didn't get stopped for speeding.

We woke up to rain this morning. I don't think it was much, but at least we got a little. It should help my poor balding okra.

No comments: