Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Nails



For the first time in my life, I have long nails! I don't know why, but they seem to have decided to grow. I really need a manicure because I've never had nails and do not know how to take care of them.

When I was growing up, my aunt Doe Doe had long fingernails. We used to pretend our nails were really long & hold our hands away from our head & pretend to be scratching our head. Needs a visual!

Doe Doe also painted my fingernails a pretty light blue color when I was in the 2nd grade. When I went back to school, the teacher made me scrape the polish off! She was not my favorite teacher for a number of other reasons I won't go into. In the past when I did polish my nails, I've always had that image in my mind and thought I was being a bad girl. Maybe after 50 years I'm over it & will paint my nails again. I might even paint them light blue!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Isn't it funny how things can affect you your whole life? When I was in first grade I had a substitute teacher who marked on my writing paper with green ink and to this day I hate green ink. If you want blue fingernails, you go for it!