Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Mood



This calm, peaceful scene is sent to all the Christmas shoppers out there because if you're like me when I go shopping it is not calm and peaceful. I went Saturday looking for Chinese Christmas gifts for Thursday night. I walked the mall from one end to the other with no luck. 3 stores, frayed nerves, and a headache later, I finally bought 2 crappy gifts that I'm not happy with but settled for them anyway.

Can you tell I'm really in the Christmas mood? Maybe I am in my Christmas mood. I love the reason for the season but this year I can't seem to get into it. Usually, I love looking at the decorated trees and finding new ornaments, but this year there aren't a lot to look at and nothing has captured my attention. I'm not sure I'm even going to put up a tree.

Just call me the Grinch...I do look a little green around the edges today. Maybe by Christmas I will be totally green!

2 comments:

Son said...

I feel the same way Mom. We pulled into a shopping center last night to get something to eat and I instantly got irritated at all of the stupid people out shopping for stupid presents. I think that is what came out of my mouth. I guess it could have been worse!

Julie Polk said...

Yes, it's too commercialized (SP?). I'm not much in the mood for anything right now. No decorations at my house right now. I keep thinking maybe I should put some up for my little girls but I haven't felt like messing with it. Maybe this weekend will be better and I will let them put my tree up and then again maybe not. I keep thinking maybe I should decorate a little at mother and daddys house but I don't know if I should or not. I need answers..not presents!! Hopefully we'll all be green together by Christmas because right now I am pretty BLUE!!!